Sunday 8 August 2010

8 Days Perth to the Southwest - Day 1

On the go again before Heidi hits her two years old mark. This time to Perth, Australia. It had been a long while since I visited Perth back when I was about 12 years old. Wondered if I could recall any of these places which I had visited.

Pre-trip Planning

We were once again embarking on a self-drive itinerary and booked our air tickets and accomodation with Chan Brothers. It was essentially self helping with Chan Brothers as compared to Prime Travel. Of course, the trade off was that Chan Brothers was very much cheaper than Prime Travel. We received our travel tickets and hotel vouchers just two days before our departure on Saturday. It was almost hell before the trip. Just after the completion of the launch of PA Internal Staff Compliment Award at the Quality Service Forum on 28 July, I started to plan for the trip. For about two weeks, I was totally deprived of my beauty sleep with only five hours every nights. I did not realised time were passing by so quickly when I surfed the internet checking out the route. Motivation truly made a difference.

The Perth trip was double the stress and double the fun! Double family on the trip. Two daddies, two mommies, two boys and two girls travelling on two red cars. Perth... here comes the Poons and the Chews!


Singapore to Perth

Departing Changi Airport Terminal 1, QF72 left Singapore at around 920 hr.

Reaching Perth International Airport at around 1540 hr. Perth and Singapore share same time zone. The weather was great with clear sky and gentle sunshine.

We were all in good spirits after a good 5.5 hrs flight.

After collecting our rented car, we headed towards All Seasons Perth Hotel at Robinson Avenue in Perth City. For dinner, we dine on authetic Vietnamese fare at Viet Hoa. I ordered beef noodle, which I had craved for the longest time. The kids shared a plate of fried rice, which was surprisely delicious.


On the way back to the hotel, we visited a few shops. At one of the grocery shops, the cashier said in a unfriendly tone "yes?" when I was browsing a packet of nuts. It sadly reminded me how unfriendly these people in Australia could be to the Asians, and how they bullied my Asian household back in Melbourne, ruining the letter box, playing tricks by putting our rubbish bin on top of the tree, and even stealing the rubbish bin, but to find it near to the police station. Hope we didn't have to face these nonsense when we returned as tourist this time.