Thursday 2 April 2009

Mer ... Mer ...


For about two weeks, Heidi starts to say "Mer..." whenever she wants to drink milk or she want me to cuddle her. When I try a bit harder to listen to her, I can even heard her call me "Mommy". And I am so proud of it, because Oliver took two years before he can call me "Mommy". Don't get me wrong. I am not saying that I am not proud of Oliver. Oliver is a smart baby... he impresses us when he can vocalise some words when he was three months old. Having to hear Heidi call mommy somehow acts like an affirmation to me as a mother that I am doing it well. Gosh, I am mother (it sounds really strange that I am actually saying that I am a mother). Three years back, I was still a happy, but bored single wondering whether I should have a kid to kill my time. Now, I am still happy, and definitely not bored. The role of a mother requires mental alertness, emotional challenge and physical exertion (overtired breasts.. haha).

No comments: