Friday 28 August 2009

Heidi walks many more steps


I did not witness that moment of Heidi walking many steps. This is probably one of the regrets most working parents would have.

Around two weeks ago, Heidi started taking one or two steps. I wonder if she would actually walk before her first birthday. Heidi is developing very fast and a very smart kid, which a few teachers at Del-care said. I think Heidi is very responsive baby and because she is so responsive, most people finds her very cute. Most of the time, she would be smiling at people and when leaving, she would put her tiny hand towards her mouth to wave a kiss goodbye. Of course, she can be selective of people she smiles to. She is afraid of loudness and can easily show her dislike by yelling. I have realised that to communicate to Heidi or like many other babies, one has to smile and have eye contact first before going near and talk to them. They take time to absorb what they are looking at and take time to feel comfortable with you before you start talking. This strategy is likely to succeed. Seems to me like taming an animal.. haha.

I will try again tonight to make Heidi walk that many steps which I have missed.

Heidi, do you miss Oliver? I bet you do.

No comments: