Monday 9 November 2009

You want to sleep on the bouncer?


With Oliver, it is using Monster to trick him. With Heidi, it is about reminding her of the undesirable option and letting her decide on the choice. Heidi dislikes sleeping on the bouncer and every night, I will point to the bouncer and ask Heidi "do you want to sleep on the bouncer?" She will look at it and shake her head, then point to the pillow on the bed to indicate her preferred choice of sleeping on the bed. To please us, she will rest her head on the pillow for a few seconds and get up. So the cycle of asking starts again...


Tonight, I decide to swaddle her with the blanket so that she cannot move her hands. She got really angry and struggled to get out of it. My next move is to hold the blanket in front of her and instruct her to sleep. Seeing the blanket in my hand, she keeps shaking her head and when I said "Heidi. Sleep." She did as instructed. I shall try the same trick tomorrow, hee hee.

No comments: