Wednesday 9 April 2008

Week 17 Check Up

The Private Suite at KKH

The Waiting...


The Yawn

... not because of the waiting , but after we ate the delicious Bah Kut Teh

The Bulging Nose...

that sense my taking pictures of him only now

my weight ... 54.5 kg

I had my scheduled checkup this week. I was happy to have my checkup done at The Private Suite and not Clinic B. Clinic B is relatively cheaper, but definitely the wait was longer and the atmosphere less cosy.

The process goes like that...

I went to the Counter to register myself. Suffering from forgetfulness and double the dosage this time round, I had forgotten to bring my appointment book. This had never happened during my first prenancy. Next, the nurse asked me to go for my routine testing. The routine testing required me to pee on a paper stick with three indications of colours. Once again, I was being myself again, asking the nurse what colours I should look out for. I remembered that Green indicated high glucose level, but thought I just wanted to make sure. The nurse confirmed that my pea-sized brain still remember it correctly, but I was slightly irritated when she asked (quite nicely) if I was a first-timer. Gosh, is it just me or an erratic moodswing caused by the surge of hormone ?

I waited for about 20 minutes for my turn. The check lasted less than 10 minutes, as expected. Dr KT Tan usually asked how you were feeling. My answer would be good, and I would retreat to the corner of her room where the bed and scan machine were. Once again, I have to remind Dr Tan that I wanted a copy of the scan picture. I wonder why she could not just give to her patient automatically. Wouldn't most mothers ask for it?

I love looking at the scan picture. The baby legs were all cramped up here. Sorry, cannot give you the breaking news of the sex of the baby. But no harm for you to start thinking what you want to give me during the baby shower. haha.

Comparing the scan picture with Oliver, Little Baby Chew seems to have sharper chin and more prominent nose. Alright, you must be thinking I am ridiculous to even say that the nose is more prominent... that's maternal instinct, mind you... haha