Thursday 29 December 2011

Pink workbook

We bought these two workbooks for Oliver and Heidi. The education system is really stressful these days for Singapore children. Our thought is to start now by inculcating a habit of learning at home, than struggling down the road. It is to my relief that Oliver does enjoy doing some of these exercises. And not forgeting Heidi, we bought another workbook for her.

Last night, Heidi saw these workbooks on my table. The blue coloured book is for Heidi and the pink coloured book for Oliver. Heidi insisted on having the pink workbook. So I explained to her that the blue workbook is for her age.."See this book is for 3 years old" and pointed to the number 3. She was unhappy and reasoned with me. "No, this book is for 1 year old (pointing to the 1 (Workbook '1') and for 5 years old (meaning it is for Oliver)". I want the pink book".

No comments: