Saturday 20 November 2010

My arm was Her Bolster


Did I mention in Heidi's blog her night habit of stroking my arms before she went into slumberland, and the session could last an hour? It is very important that I write it down. About two or three weeks ago, Heidi finally agreed to sleep and not to stroke my arm for that long a time.

Every night for the last few years (cannot recall when it started), Heidi stroked my arm as if it was her pillow and sometimes, I had to put her on top of my body and let her laid there until she fell asleep. For a light sleeper like me, even if I dozed off after a while, I would still be disturbed awake by her touch. Irritated and frustrated, I sometime beat Heidi's backside for not sleeping. Sometimes, she was almost asleep and would cry very loudly after receiving such a shock on her back side. Poor Heidi.

Now, it is all over! I would not always be the last one to sleep. Just for record - Boon Heng is most skilful in catching forty winks, followed by Oliver, Heidi and Sophia. The record might change in the near future.

No comments: